Maldives liveaboard help request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been on the Carpe Vita each of the past three summers. It's a great boat with a fantastic crew. The diving is excellent, and you'll see everything from the smallest critters to mantas, sharks, and whale sharks.

Carpe Vita is expensive!!! Maldives appears to be one of those destinations where you can do liveaboard for cheap if you want to. I was wondering if the same itinerary is done by cheaper boats?

We are booked on the MV Orion, now part of the Peter Hughes Dive Encounters alliance, for a trip to Maldives next January. I was considering the Carpe Vita, which looks very nice, the but the cost would have been more than $1,400.00 higher when including fuel and Nitrox surcharge. This will be our first trip to Maldives and hoping we made a good choice. Most of the reviews I've read about the Orion are positive and it looks like a nice yacht. Also, after you book first trip with Dive Encounters they offer discounts for future booking on any of their vessels. Our bucket list includes both the Socorro Islands & Galapagos!

$1400 more per person or per couple? TIA

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2015 at 03:23 AM ----------

And I'm sure you'll be very happy aboard mv Orion. I took a look at the pics and other info. Orion's got something that I'd have *loved* to have whilst onboard Carpe Vita . . .massage!!

Originally, I sought a ten day trip and that's probably one of the reasons I became focused on the carpe vita. Their rooms are great though. Bathrooms not as fancy looking as Orion 's but extra large and separate shower. Even standard rooms are quite large but I digress. :)

$1,400 more per couple, chilly, for 7 day trip departing Jan 17. Shortly after that the charters begin the deep south trips that focus on sharks. We are booked on a "Best of Maldives" trip that should include plenty of drift / channel dives, thilas (pinnacles), and, hopefully manta's and, if really lucky, a whale shark or two! At least we can hope . . .

I hope you're comparing seven day trips to seven day trips? In any event , it matters not to be sure. You're going to the Maldives!! And on a very good cool lob! Don't look for anything wrong because it will be pure pleasure on a comfortable boat with a great crew. (always remember it's easy to find fault if you're looking for it but normally there's no big desl fault except potentially within ourselves) :wink:

Only Mother Nature is the wild card, even so, you're going to have an excellent time. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom