Maldives: If you were land based...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, due to an incompetent travel agent, we were unable to get a room at any of the Ari Atoll resorts. Even the Banyan Tree was fully booked by the time the agent got our flights sorted. So we're off to Full Moon Resort this coming Sat. Not the best location (near airport) but hoping EuroDivers will be able to get us to some of the better diving spots on North Male Atoll.

Alex, I saw your post on that. Yeah, I would have preferred a liveaboard but the gf wants to be land based...

Well next time, it will be on a liveaboard :wink:

Pakman,
My husband and I stayed at Full Moon and dove with Euro Divers. They were really terrific and we had a much better dive experience than when we returned and went on a LOB. Won't slam the LOB we took because it easily could have the wrong time of year with some of the prob's we encountered but the DM's completely missed a couple of drop points in strong current so we had to abort dives. Grrrrrr.
Soooo, Euro Divers has my vote for any return trips to the Maldives based on my very small experience quotient of "2".
Have a great time!!!
(ooh if the Manta's are playing at Manta Point prepare to be awed)

Tazzy, thanks. 2 more days til the trip.

Quick question. I get the sense from various reviews on Full Moon on the web that there isn't much of a "house reef" within the resort lagoons/ breakwaters and the waters around the water bungalows is too shallow. Any worthwhile snorkeling from shore?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom