Maldives: Does anybody here have experience with this operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't been on that liveaboard myself, but a guy I took a DIRF class with in the UK has (he is from Scotland). Below is a link to a trip report he did on his recent trip. This site is the largest scuba message board in the UK.

If you do a search on this particular board I think there are at least a few brief trip reports on the MV Orion. Hope this helps!

Chris

MV Orion - Maldives - June 2010 (whalesharks, Mantas and sharks)

The website is for the boat, which can be booked through various agents, I don't know which country you are based in but the UK operator listed has a very good reputation. I have used them at least half a dozen times on various boats.

I can also recommend Maldives Scuba Tours a UK operator who run their own boats and would definitely use them again, but their boats aren't as modern as Orion but are traditionally build Maldivian style dhoni, whereas Orion is built very much like the Redsea style of liveaboard.

I dived on this boat back in April, the boat was really nice, except that the air con was not too hot, bit of a bad sign when the crew are putting loads of fans on board during your introduction. The boat was going to be repaired when it entered dry doc in Jun/Jul and the layout changed slightly, there were areas that could have been better laid out.
I must say that the food was not too good either, always seemed to be the same, there was always a running joke about the chicken!

Other than that the staff were very good and the diving lived up to the hype

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom