Maldives - Canon S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So jealous...

Is that Manta(s) on a night dive?! With high ISOs and slow shutter speeds, it can't be in the day time! How exciting... I will be there in 5 weeks, looking forward to it but only diving from an island in Ari, would be nice to do another liveaboard... maybe 2013!

BTW, if I were being critical, I would say that on my monitor (HP LP2475w calibrated with Spyder) some of your photos are a bit oversaturated in colour... I don't know if that was your intention or maybe your monitor needs a little calibration itself? I personally have a terrible memory so I am not very good at colour correcting to "real life" because I can't remember what it was...!

-Durwin

Great work with with that camera...glad you had an awesome trip! Whale sharks seem to be the theme this year here.

I sure hope so ... I'll be there in five weeks, and whale sharks are a big part of why I chose the Maldives ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I

BTW, if I were being critical, I would say that on my monitor (HP LP2475w calibrated with Spyder) some of your photos are a bit oversaturated in colour... I don't know if that was your intention or maybe your monitor needs a little calibration itself? I personally have a terrible memory so I am not very good at colour correcting to "real life" because I can't remember what it was...!

-Durwin

Excellent comments which is what I was hoping for, I am not very good with the basics of photography and I am even worse when it comes to Lightroom and editing. I thought I had over cooked some of the colours so it's good to have this feedback.

A link to a small video clip of manta's on a night dive.....

http://www.warrenssite.com/Maldives/Maldives-Diving-2011/20669506_CpdfL5#1641513433_G6ZmGxc

Wow great pics!
I have this camera and was thinking of buying a case for it - was this with the Ikelite or the Canon case? Did you have an external flash?

Very nice pics. Should be getting my new S100 delivered today and plan to practice in our wonderful quarry until the Maldives for a ten-day live-a-board in late November. If I get some pics like yours, I'll be happy too.

Rob

Wow great pics!
I have this camera and was thinking of buying a case for it - was this with the Ikelite or the Canon case? Did you have an external flash?

Just the standard Canon case, no external flashes.....I am a simple point and shoot and hope for the bst photographer : )

Thanks Peeweediver.....you'll have an awesome time in November, great time of year to see Manta's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom