Question Maldives advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSpike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there

Looking for some advice please. I have a work trip in November to south India and plan on extending a few days vacation in Maldives.

I won’t be able to do a live aboard but would like to get a couple of days diving.. I’d liek to see things that I can’t normally In Europe. Turtles , shark , ray butterfly fish etc…

Totally overwhelmed by the information out there. Can you recommend an island/area. I would like to stay somewhere nice min 4* but not one of the tourist resorts with ridiculous diving fees/price. Thanks.

I am diving in Fuvahmulah Maldives. It is a 90 minute flight from Male.

Tiger shark and other shark diving. My buddy and I rented an apartment so not staying in a resort.

Diving with FDS for 12 diving days. See their video in the link below.

I have only been on liveaboards in the Maldives but I met some friends who had returned many times and they always talked about Fuvahmulah Atoll. Unfortunately, I don't recall where they stayed on that Atoll.

I have only been on liveaboards in the Maldives but I met some friends who had returned many times and thet alwats talked about Fuvahmulah Atoll. Unfortunately, I don't recall where they stayed on that Atoll.

Plenty of rental properties there. My buddy and I paid US$1000 for 13 nights including use of a 150cc scooter fora two bedroom furnished apartment. First dives are at 7:30m so a nice small breakfast I can cook before we dive will come in handy.

There is NO other option than LOB if you want to see various sites in different areas.
Maldives does cover a huge area.

There are some "homestead" opportunities near Male and Female short distance from the main airport that are very reasonably priced. Many of my Filipino friends have been using them for several years, and very economical.

Back
Top Bottom