Maldives accommodations and resort for april?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duh? Diving fully dry?? In the Maldives???!!!
In more than 3 years I never had a water temperature less than 27 degres celsius... and this is rare! more likely 28 or 29 degres celsius...

And for the wind, some days it's a bit cold, specially if it's a grey day, but it's not THAT cold ^_^

I know! :confused: I'd have dived in just my speedos, if that wasn't a crime against aesthetics. My average non-vacation sea temp is ~ 10c so I refuse to wear anything other than a shorty on holiday, even if it kills me. In the Maldives, even that is overkill.

Drysuit in warm water, why? I could understand it if it was technical or commercial deep diving, but sport, nope. Thanks for the heads up though guys, I'll unpack the semi-dry, it weighs like 3 kilo dry. I've dived thailand without thermal protection, in just shorts, so I'm thinking I'll be fine in the 5mm then.

To wrap this up. I had a wonderful time in the maldives. Lots of awesome dives. Aside from the liveaboard(would recommend them as well, Nautilus two, with the caveat that most customers will be german speakers), I spent my time on Maafushi.

To be honest, Maafushi has a limited selection of divesites, and doesn't have all the maldives has to offer(no hammerheads, no nurse sharks, few stingrays, and it was off-season for manta and whaleshark), but there's still a lot to see, I even had a once in a lifetime dive with 80+ dolphins(that I could count!) for 35+ minutes, just holding on to the reef in heavy current and watching them swim/dive/frollick around. Mind you these are spinner dolphins, not bottlenose, they're usually very shy. I was also lucky with a lot of other rare sights, such as an electric ray, sea hares(weird!), a slipper lobster, a suzanne's flatworm, a leaf fish, a fully grown stars & stripes pufferfish, multiple long octopus encounters(including a mimic once), and much more.

There's a lot of micro stuff to find in the reefs too, especially at night, one dive I counted 6 species of crab and 5 species of shrimp.

PS: I saw manta, whale sharks(snorkling only), nurse sharks, plenty of stingrays(at least 5-6 species*), etc, when I was on the liveaboard cruise, and a total of 6 species of shark* overall.
*I can name leopard ray, blackspotted stingray, whiptailed stingray, feathertail, and jenkins' whipray.
** white-tip reefshar, black-tip reefshark, grey reefshark, nurse shark, leopard shark and whaleshark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom