Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alee

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm from Malaysia and i'm a newbie here. Anyway, really hope that i can talk to u lot out there who are scuba freaks! I just got my PADI license and i must say that my life has changed. Never knew the sea could be soooooooo beautiful!

Well, cheers mateys....=-) and do drop me a line!

Welcome to the boards!
I joined only a couple weeks ago and my life has changed! I have dive buddies now!
I hope you get as much out of the boards as I have.
I have never been to Malaysia, but someday...

Hiya Alee,

I'm also new to these boards and scuba as well. Got my PADI licence at Tioman. I'm living in KL; where abouts do you hide out.

I'm off to Pulau Redang in a couple of weeks. Anyone got any comments about that place?

Regards,
Michael

Hi Scuba_jenny & Michael...

Thanks heaps for replyin...didnt think that i would get replies to my thread so quickly.

Anyway, to answer your question Michael...i also live and work in KL.

As for the Perhentian Islands. You should go to Perhentian Besar. They've got this dive shop there called Steffen's Dive Centre. I took my license from them and they're the cheapest on the entire island. They're also very friendly ppl. Look for Sebastian or Lars and of course the owner Steffen. Heh heh!

Perhentian has one of the best reefs around in my opinion...well for Malaysia that is...actually how i started diving was last year i was there at the islands and was there snorkeling. I was so awed by the marine life that i just had to go down there into the sea for myself instead of just bein at da surface. Even whilst snorkeling i encountered turtles, baby sharks and a great array of fantastic marine fishes.

If you need help with recommendations michael, do drop me a line here.....

Cheers....=-)

Hello and welcome to the boards!

Hey is Ah Teng and Richard still at Steffen's? We're kinda Steffen's loyal subjects when we're there.

Did you check out the pet snake at the back!!!

Dive safe!:thumb:

Hey Basiltan,

Am not too sure bout Richard...but i did meet Steffen's son, Sebastian...as for Ah Teng...i'm not too sure whether thats his name....but is Ah Teng a little on the plump side, and has a tattoo on his arm...anywayz....yeah....they are really friendly. I actually went to the latest Steffen Dive Shop on Perhentian Besar...its located next to Tuna Bay Resort. Been there? And a pet snake???? Oh my God!!! i didnt know they had one....crikey!!!

But if i'm off to perhentian again....i'd definitely dive with them....they've got the best dive rates on the island!

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom