MALAPASCUA - snorkeling and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Philippines in March and I am considering about Malapascua or Bohol (I will have time only for one of these destinations). I would like to snorkeling and also some diving. I would prefer Malapascua, but I have some questions:
- Is it guaranteed to see sharks (it doesn´t matter what kind) in Malapascua in March?
- Is snorkeling there worth ? Because I have heard that there isn´t good snorkeling...
Thank you for every advice.

Malapascua is not a good place to go if sharks are your main target to see, IMHO. It's one of the best places known to have a chance to see a thresher but you'd have to do a lot of early morning dives to come close to being guaranteed of seeing one. There aren't many other sharks around either. The best places that I have experienced to see guaranteed sharks is in the Maldives or in a bowl of Chinese soup.

Snorkeling there can be described only as okay, IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom