Malapascua Shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thkhoo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to share a few snaps I took while diving at Malapascua earlier in Feb. It was my first time with my new toy, the Nauticam NA-NEX5 for the Sony NEX-5.

Some general info for those who are interested:
I used the 16mm 'pancake' with the fisheye convertor and the Nauticam 4.33" port exclusively. I have a single Sea&Sea YS110a strobe on a strobe arm. I do not own the 18-55mm port...yet. :wink:
Here's hoping that Sony releases the E-mount macro lens they announced at Photokina and that Nauticam will support that with a suitable port.
All pictures were taken in RAW format. And one more important thing, having previously used an IXUS point and shoot, moving to the Nauticam was quite a leap for me. I couldn't get good results with my strobe but that's purely MY fault, not the equipment. I just need to get a lot more practice with my current setup.

I'm not much of an uw photographer, but I'm very keen to learn and improve. If you're really looking to see what the Nauticam NA-NEX5 setup is capable of, I'd suggest you check out the pros like Phil Rudin and also Nauticam's website where they have a few sample images.

Anyways... enough chat from me. Enjoy!

DSC007162.jpg

DSC006961.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC006561.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC006121.jpg

DSC005792.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC005171.jpg

Stunning photos - thank you for posting!

The batfish and the seastar in B&W are quite beautiful. I would have cropped the batfish a bit but other than that it is a winner.
Bill

Thanks for the comments! Appreciated. Not sure when my next big dive trip is, but will try to get a few snaps from the waters here in Hong Kong

Here's a few snaps of my current setup. I recently added a second strobe and arms to the mix.

my poor wallet :shakehead:

NA-NEX5_02.jpg

NA-NEX5_03.jpg

NA-NEX5_01.jpg

NA-NEX5_04.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom