For Sale MAKO Yamamoto Suits in 3, 5 and 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A question for the users of the thicker suits, how much, in general not scientific exactamundo of a buoyancy swing do you feel you get at various depths, along the lines of how much lead do you need to sink and do you feel that you’re using a lot of b/c to compensate, scuba related.

I haven't really paid much attention to it, but the bouyancy swing didn't seem noticeably different than any other brand of stretchy neoprene I've tried. They do seem slightly floatier at the surface, maybe 2 more lbs needed?

I carry just enough weight to maintain a safety stop with an empty wing and 500 psi in my tank. The difference between the open and closed cell suits was negligible if I remember correctly, but I believe the open cell required an extra couple of pounds (depending on thickness). The Mako suits float in the rinse tank as opposed to our old suits that would sink like a stone as the inside liners absorbed water and became ridiculously heavy.

Back
Top Bottom