MAKO Spearguns Announces 680 Lumen Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to provide an update. We were previously back ordered on the Speargun light mount. The back orders will all be filled by tomorrow and we are ready to accept new orders now.

Speargun Flashlight Bracket | MAKO Spearguns

flashlight-bracket.jpg

Dive Safe

Dano

got some bottom time Tuesday and was able to use the light some more. Depth around 100ft. Worked great with the wrist mount and was able to find a few hiding fish deep under the rocks with it. Very happy with the light. Much better with than the big bulky lights I'm use to and no sacrifice in performance

got some bottom time Tuesday and was able to use the light some more. Depth around 100ft. Worked great with the wrist mount and was able to find a few hiding fish deep under the rocks with it. Very happy with the light. Much better with than the big bulky lights I'm use to and no sacrifice in performance

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think people will be very surprised by the quality and performance this light delivers in a very small package - especially at the MAKO Direct Price!

Dano

Any other feedback on these lights? They've been pretty popular.
I love my light. The only thing that I would like to see different is an On/Off lock out feature. I had the light stored in a pocket, and it came on at some point.

Jay

I love my light. The only thing that I would like to see different is an On/Off lock out feature. I had the light stored in a pocket, and it came on at some point.

Jay

Jay. Thanks for the feedback

Jay

Jay:

Very sorry for the long delay in providing a second response, but there is another option that will completely eliminate the chance of the light turning on in the bag and while in transit.

If you turn the light on and then slowly unscrew the head until the light turns off, and then continue to turn off for another 1/4 turn.. the light will not accidentally turn on if the switch is depressed. Of course, you MUST tighten the head back down before taking the light in the water, but this only takes a moment.

If you are flying with the light or storing for extended periods of time, it is always best to completely remove the batteries.

thanks

Dano

A little update on this light. The light has an internal battery power sensor that displays the power setting by lighting up the switch with a different color...This display occurs ONLY when the light is turned on.

680-dive-light-status-indicators.jpg

HOWEVER, we recently leaned that this power sensing feature, is active 100% of the time and will draw down the batteries during storage of several weeks/months.

In order to avoid this drain, you can unscrew the rear cap about 1/4 turn. This electrically isolates the batteries as they are no longer touch the contacts.. When you get to your dive destination.. say in the morning, screw the cap down- when you are done for the day, unscrew the cap just enough to cause the light to shut down.

This also prevents the light switch from being depressed and turning the light on in your luggage or dive bag..

Thanks!

Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom