MAKO Sale: Freedive Backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Check out the length!

This is the ONLY freedive/spearfishing backpack that is guaranteed to fit ALL lengths of freedive fins!

And… it's on sale right now.
Only $84.95

And, don’t let the low price fool you. I use the exact same factories as the expensive importers.
But, I only sell directly to you, the diver. So, there is NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP and NO MIDDLE MAN MARKUP
!

f7b5d8b3-e1a7-a102-f963-1ca0a2ee49e8.jpg

Spearfishing Longfins Freediving Backpack

Hey Mako..... Just curious about your claim of no "middle man mark-up". Do you actually manufacture these items..... or do you just buy them and then sell them for more $$$ than you bought them for?

Hey Mako..... Just curious about your claim of no "middle man mark-up". Do you actually manufacture these items..... or do you just buy them and then sell them for more $$$ than you bought them for?
Hey Scubadog,

Please..call me Dano!

And, thanks for your interest in my business model.

Perhaps the easiest way to explain this, is to cite a few examples.

As most would agree, freediving wetsuits made of “Yamamoto Neoprene” are the best in the world, which is why my MAKO freedive suits are made of 100% genuine Yamamoto Neoprene. And because I sell direct to divers, instead of through dive shops, my prices are much lower.

Now, let’s take this one step further. So, Yamamoto wetsuits are the best. Therefore, and understandably, “Yamamoto neoprene” is the most expensive. Now, it would be natural to assume that Yamamoto wetsuits are more expensive than “Non Yamamoto Wetsuits”. That is definitely the case when sold at a retail level. However, because I sell direct to divers, instead of through dive shops, my “100% Genuine Yamamoto wetsuits” actually cost less than “Non Yamamoto Wetsuits” that are sold at dive shops. This is because I buy my material direct from “Yamamoto” and have them produced at a “Yamamoto Approved Factory” and I sell them direct to divers. I do not have the additional costs of an importer or distributor and I do not have the high cost of a retail outlet.

Another excellent example is my MAKO Titan Elite Spearguns with the patented double roller trigger mechanism, which is the highest quality trigger mechanism ever produced. I produce these guns in South Africa and the patented double roller trigger mechanisms are custom made for me in Italy by Ermes Sub, the producer of the highest quality speargun parts in the world. My spears have sharkfin tabs and are

custom made for me by Spearmaster of South Africa, makers of the strongest spears on the planet. My bands are also the highest quality available, made by Primeline Industries of Acron, Ohio. Every part of this gun is of the highest quality and of course the most expensive to produce. So, you would naturally assume that my MAKO Titan Elite guns would cost more than guns with old school trigger mechanisms, notched spears and Chinese bands. But,that’s is NOT the case. Because I sell direct to divers, my MAKO Titan Elite spearguns actually cost less than dive shop guns without these high performance features. That’s because I don’t have the added cost of a distributor or the associated cost of a brick and mortar, retail establishment.

As for my “FREEDIVING/ SPEARFISHING BACKPACKS”, these are custom made for me by the same factory that produces similar bags for several of my well respected, foreign competitors. Because I work directly with the factory, I am able to make custom modifications, which in my opinion, result in a higher quality product. With these custom modifications, one would expect my backpacks to cost more than the standard backpacks made for my foreign competitors. However, because I sell direct to divers, instead of through dive shops, my backpacks actually cost less, even with the various customizations and improvements, such as increased length to accommodate longer fins, and larger accessory pockets, all of which add to the overall production cost. So, in summary, I provide a higher quality product for less.

Now, referring back to your original question, “Do you actually manufacture these items..... or do you just buy them and then sell them for more $$$ than you bought them for?” There are some basic products in which I do simply buy from a factory and sell them for more than what I paid. For example, I buy my snorkels from the same factory that produces snorkels for me, as well as many of my well respected foreign competitors. Essentially, I, and as many as 10 or more of my

foreign competitors, all sell the exact same snorkel. The only difference is mine has MAKO printed on it and my foreign competitors have their names printed on it. Other than that, it’s the exact same snorkel. However, because I sell direct to divers, instead of through dive shops, my prices are lower.

So, Scubadog, as you can see, many of my products, I produce myself. And, although they are much higher in quality than similar foreign products sold at dive shops, my products actually cost less. For the more basic products, myself and many of my well respected foreign competitors routinely buy the same products from the same factories. However, without the dive shop markup, or distributor markup, my basic products are also less expensive.

Well, I hope this helps you to understand my business model. Thank you for the opportunity to share it with you and the other members of Scubaboard.com. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

In closing, I also want to say thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the dive community.

Dive safe,

Dano

Hey kmev,

Thanks for noticing

Back
Top Bottom