Question Mako K13 Inter Stage Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Abyss

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Mako K13 which the relief valve between the 2nd and 3rd stage started releasing after not being run for a few months. I figured this was the classic sign of worn valves and I replaced the valves in the third stage. The relief valve is still releasing. Anyone know what the appropriate pressure should be for this should be? I don't currently have any inter-stage pressure gauges so I don't know what it was before this issue reared its head.

What resources are you using for this model? I have recently acquired one but the bauer website does not have much info on the K13... only have found a parts diagram basically. Do you have a service manual or parts manual? Sorry I can't help you with your problem, I wish I could! But thanks in advance!

Hi
I dont have a manual for this old K13
From some old notes when i worked on one years a go
working pressure
first stage 4.5 bar
second stage 39 bar
final stage 327 bar
Safety valve set at
first stage 8 bar
second 50 bar
final was marked at 330 bar but blew at 327 bar

At a push i may have a parts list that i can photo copy & send land post
Can you post some photos of your unit

(sorry to hijack your thread Blue Abyss)

Thanks windy,

Here are some pictures of my unit I took the other day. I can get more if you are interested, but I have since moved it to a relatives house. High of 0 degrees F where I am at so I was tinkering on my living room table....

I don't know too much about it but that it came out of a sailboat in ~1970s. I am assuming that it has been rebuilt sometime in its life as someone has painted the flywheel and 3rd(?) stage cylinder housing. Any thoughts? Is there a difference between OP's Mako and Bauer K13 or is it just branding nomenclature?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 26
What resources are you using for this model? I have recently acquired one but the bauer website does not have much info on the K13... only have found a parts diagram basically. Do you have a service manual or parts manual? Sorry I can't help you with your problem, I wish I could! But thanks in advance!
The parts diagram an a very basic user manual are the only documents I have ever seen. I used to have a guy in the Pacific North West who worked for Bauer forever but he has retired.

Hi
I dont have a manual for this old K13
From some old notes when i worked on one years a go
working pressure
first stage 4.5 bar
second stage 39 bar
final stage 327 bar
Safety valve set at
first stage 8 bar
second 50 bar
final was marked at 330 bar but blew at 327 bar

At a push i may have a parts list that i can photo copy & send land post
Can you post some photos of your unit
Windy thanks for the reply, I had not logged into Scuba board for a while. That gives me what I was after. I will send some photos just for fun.

Back
Top Bottom