making you own weight belt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spongebobscubasteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I really hate the feel of weight belts, the dig into my hips, and suck to carry. I was thinking about making my own belt. I want to distribute weight between my BC pockets and a belt. I was thinking that all I really needed was some nylon and marbels. I would weight out 2kgs of marbles and sew up a nylon bag for my BD pocket and then on the belt use some thing like small ball bearings or sand, weighed and sewn into pouches that slip over the belt, similar to lead preformed weights only in fabric and ball bearings. I could add velcro to make them stay in one place.

That way the wouldn't dig into me and hurt and they would stay put. Also a little cheaper, what do you all think?

Use lead shot, marbles or ball bearings are not dense enough.

You know that the sell nylon bags filled with shot, in 1 lbs. increments in most dive shops? You can make them cheaper, and if that's your intent - more power to you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom