Making light choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCDivenut

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Big birthday coming up so I am looking for a nice birthday present for myself and the one thing that I have been looking for is a nice light. I dive mostly singles, warm water, some minor penetration wrecks, and don't foresee much change to that in the near future. I currently have a UK Light Cannon that I both like and dislike, specifically I like the brightness of it but do not like holding the bulk/weight all dive. It is also gets in the way on a casual reef dive.

So I started looking at canister lights with goodman handles that I could attach to my waistband, BP, or even to my cam straps(?) I like the idea of either a focusable head or selectable settings. I think I have narrowed it down to a few choices given that I would like to stay under $750

1. Niterider Blackwater 3000 - Not HID, but I like the price and can do 12, 20 or 32W
2. Tektite H10 Seeker

I also like the OMS Phantom, Halcyon Helios 4.5, and I just started looking at the Manta FII but their price seems a little high. SO I have the following questions...

1. Does anybody think that what I am looking at will not work for my needs?
2. Does anyone think that spending the extra money for the OMS or Halcyon is worth it or are they overkill for me?
3. Any direct experience with either the NIterider or the Tektite?
4. Any other ideas I am completely over looking?

lt6250lg.jpg

What about Dive Rite?

Their 10w can light is $560 which includes the both the Goodman and elastic handles, as well as a storm case.

As to the focusable head, sounds like a good idea but you just wont use the function. At least no one I know that has one does. Pretty much "set it and forget it" on that front.

Love mine.

I am a dealer for salvo...the 10 watt adjustable head light is withing your budget. I also have a used blackwater 3000 that is in near new condition I could help you out with if you are interested.
Brent

RJP:
lt6250lg.jpg

What about Dive Rite?

Their 10w can light is $560 which includes the both the Goodman and elastic handles, as well as a storm case.

As to the focusable head, sounds like a good idea but you just wont use the function. At least no one I know that has one does. Pretty much "set it and forget it" on that front.

Love mine.

Yeah, I can't belive I didn't think about them and I like the fact that it comes with a case. Great, I htought I had it narrowed down!!!

DCDivenut:
Big birthday coming up so I am looking for a nice birthday present for myself and the one thing that I have been looking for is a nice light. I dive mostly singles, warm water, some minor penetration wrecks, and don't foresee much change to that in the near future. I currently have a UK Light Cannon that I both like and dislike, specifically I like the brightness of it but do not like holding the bulk/weight all dive. It is also gets in the way on a casual reef dive.

So I started looking at canister lights with goodman handles that I could attach to my waistband, BP, or even to my cam straps(?) I like the idea of either a focusable head or selectable settings. I think I have narrowed it down to a few choices given that I would like to stay under $750

1. Niterider Blackwater 3000 - Not HID, but I like the price and can do 12, 20 or 32W
2. Tektite H10 Seeker

I also like the OMS Phantom, Halcyon Helios 4.5, and I just started looking at the Manta FII but their price seems a little high. SO I have the following questions...

1. Does anybody think that what I am looking at will not work for my needs?
2. Does anyone think that spending the extra money for the OMS or Halcyon is worth it or are they overkill for me?
3. Any direct experience with either the NIterider or the Tektite?
4. Any other ideas I am completely over looking?

DCDivenut,

If you should have any questions feel free to contact us. With the versatility of the Green Force system we will have something really nice in your price range. Our new Tri Star plus LED retails for $685 through our dealer network and is very close to our 10 watt HID. one the many great advantage with Green Force is the system never becomes obsolete. The system mentiones within is a 4.5 ah battery with umbilical. the charge/recharge time is 2-3 hours.

Thanks – Greg

More importantly...how do I get on the $750 birthday present list? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom