making camera neutrally buoyant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My system is rather heavy. I have an Al tray with two light arms. It does not sound too heavy but it is due to the battery cannisters. Two SLA 21 HIDs. we use to just attach the cannisters to our kit but there was no way to pass it off should the need arise. I made it so that you can use any light and I do mean anylight without having to change the configeration. You can also attach it to a DPV if you like. I have added three PVC tubes under the tray and i will try to send a picture soon.
What are you using as light diffusers? How do they work?

I have two 600 lumen video lights and though they are plenty wide, the do have sharp defined edges on the beams and when they overlap, you can see the light edges to easily.

lightedge2.jpglightedge1.jpg

Maybe I could soften the edges some but i'm afraid a diffuser might kill the intensity too much.

Ha!Ha! OK so you rate a few pictures. I have seen several different types of light diffusers but I am using a true diffuser from DR as well as my homemade cup cover from the wife's collection. the plastic cover allows me to use the light while videoing but I can slip it of when the need arises. I have shown the three pieces of PVC pipes attached to the bottom. With the 10 watt HID and the 21 watt HID the entire system is about 11 lbs.

Attachments

• CIMG2824.jpg
    CIMG2824.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 104
  • CIMG2831.jpg
    CIMG2831.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG2825.jpg
    CIMG2825.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG2826.jpg
    CIMG2826.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG2827.jpg
    CIMG2827.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 103
  • CIMG2828.jpg
    CIMG2828.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG2829.jpg
    CIMG2829.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 94
  • CIMG2830.jpg
    CIMG2830.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 98
Ha!Ha! OK so you rate a few pictures. I have seen several different types of light diffusers but I am using a true diffuser from DR as well as my homemade cup cover from the wife's collection. the plastic cover allows me to use the light while videoing but I can slip it of when the need arises. I have shown the three pieces of PVC pipes attached to the bottom. With the 10 watt HID and the 21 watt HID the entire system is about 11 lbs.

Pretty Cool. I take it the PVC pipes are just attached with zip ties? The "true diffuser" is from DR? Sorry, who's DR?

Yes the pipes are zipped tied. Asking who is DR in diving is like asking who is Neil Armstrong in aviation. Dive Rite. Just joking and having fun.

I've added the Stix Jumbo Floats to mine, its still slightly negative, but now much much more stable underwater.

I can visibly see my videos being less jerky.

[video=vimeo;73619740]http://vimeo.com/73619740[/video]

Rich, nice work and very good music selection. Not too sure but if your lights are forward of the lens then a lot of the silt and matter will show up more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom