Making a backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pollywogg

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,
I have access to my machine shop at school and all the equipment necessary to fabricate a backplate. Does anybody have any sort of dimensional drawings? I made some measurements and mocked up a couple of drawings, but some of my measurements are definitely non-standard, and a little wonky.(I'm an engineering student, dammit, not an architect :wink: ) I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Any format will work.
Thanks,
Rich

After alot of digging and rewording searches, I came up with this.

Backplate Template

Good info on making your own single or double plate. Also, a link to a Scubaboard thread with all the necessary info is on the page. I just wish I could have found it when I searched the board....

Oh well. I have found the info I need, and maybe this info can help someone else out.
Pollywogg out

Something I am thinking of on a making backplate or modifying an old one is to incorporate some rings where the waist straps exit. I was thinking of putting a D ring at each outside strap hole and let the shoulder strap run through the flat ring portion and out to the waist buckle. You can then adjust the rig like the halcyon cinch. You need some rings/stoppers on the waist strap to ensure it doesn't come off if the buckle gets loose. What do you think, any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom