maintenance question? o-ring specific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watered down

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
i've been using my epl1 for quite some time now and am very pleased with it. i also realized that i have not done a very thorough cleaning/ inspection of the red o-ring/ rubber gasket on the door of the housing. i inspected it under good light and noticed what looked like some small wrinkles or spider webbing type of pattern in a couple areas. i was not able to feel the imperfection with my fingers but could only see it with my eyes. i proceeded to remove the lubricant and make sure everything was free of debris before i applied a light layer to the o-ring before putting it back in the housing.

so my question to you all is, do you suppose this is the result of simply being an older piece of rubber, or is this a normal occurrence/ look of the main o-ring? should this be replaced or is it natural and most likely not a problem? thank you all in advance for your help

I would replace the o-ring if only so that you could sleep at night knowing that it is a new one and you should always have a spare. That being said, when you order your two new o-rings take a very careful look at them; even new they might not look totally perfect
Bill

how much is a new o-ring, how much for a EP-1...(well used)...when in doubt, replace software.

Back
Top Bottom