Mainlanders seeking info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rossiapacifica

Registered
Reaction score
Two mainlanders from the sea of the GIANT TAKO will be in Hawaii from March 5 through 12 and we are seeking info about diving Molokini crater, but not with dangerous tourists and not with expensive services. We are advanced and capable divers.

Any dive clubs or private parties going out during that time?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Rossiapacifica

Expensive is relative on Maui; if you stay for free with a relative, you might be able to afford Maui boat diving. :eyebrow:

The least expensive 2-tank trip I know of is $120 (including gear). There is a 3-tank for $170 (without gear). All charters here are guided dives; crappy/indifferent customer service would be the only reason I could think of for less than $10 per tank tip.

I know of no dive clubs here, very few if any Maui SB members have a boat to do Molokini dives with and those boats very likely have limited creature comfort and safety equipment (no shade, head and oxygen for starters).

Budget diving is mostly done from shore, but if you want to actually see the cool stuff Maui has to offer, seriously consider hiring a local guide. For what it's worth, I guide for a South Maui shore operation and could probably put together a competative multiple dive/day package, depending on what you want to do and see. :14:

very few if any Maui SB members have a boat to do Molokini dives with and those boats very likely have limited creature comfort and safety equipment (no shade, head and oxygen for starters).

Oh, you mean there's SBers here that have a private boat WITH A MOTOR? Jeez, that's a step up from the kayak! :D

My landlord has the Costco inflatable with a 4.5 hp, hand launchable from Makena Landing. 3 divers w/gear and 6 tanks would probably exceed the rated load, and then there would have to be refreshments! Molokini Ho!!!

Well Im sure not going to Maui to dive. Thats freak'n expensive! More power to all of you. Least you have good shore dives. We have a handful, but there are so many good cheap boat operators on Oahu that its worth just doing it from a boat. Good luck diving Rossia, hope it works for you guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom