Mailed my stuff to Ikelite......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had a ring gear crack, a chord short out, a couple gears that seemed to be disengaged so i sent my housing and camera and strobe to Ike to make sure that I get all the correct stuff fixed and so that it all works properly. Do you think that Ike will take good care of me? HAs any one that you know done this before?

Wondering if I did the right thing?
Caymaniac :11:

I had a point n shoot housing a few years ago. I sent it in to upgrade it. They recently had a fire, and was a bit dishelved. However, I got my upgrade, the right parts and all were sent to me very quickly. The customer service was outstanding.

Hope this calms your fears...a little...

I most certainly think you did the right thing! Ike has an excellent customer service record and really does want to know if things go wrong!

I am sure you will get great service...keep us posted.

Ike's customer service is the best. I have had to send a couple of things back to them and they have always treated me well. Sometimes at no cost even though there was no way to tell if it was customer error or something else. Don't worry!

I have not seen many other companies who can match Ikelite,as far as customer service and service department is concerned. Actually, let me take that back, only one other company had matched Ikelite in service and that's only because the service center is about 15 minutes away from where I live rather than half way around the world away like Ikelite :)

I'm happy so far, Ike called me yesterday and told me what the cost of repair is and has finished taking care of the problems. I even had a short conversation with the repair guy who told me that a couple of years ago he went to PNG and said the diving was the most excellent. I'll let you know how it all works out, thanks for verifying that my decision to send the kit to Ikelite was the right one.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

I received my camera & housing & strobe yesterday. Ike put new focus rings on, new appeture gear rings, checked out my strobe and synch chords, now all I have to do is try the kit out.
Thanks for your response, I didn't know Ike would be this good with service.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom