Magnificent Cave Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of you who do not frequent the Deco Stop, I have been working with some Polish cave divers to publish their videos on a site with good bandwidth. I took this on because these are some of the best videos of North Florida caves I have ever seen, and the authors were not trying to make any money, simply share their work.

I have placed their HD videos on Stage6.com under my account. You can see them here:

Stage6 · scoach · Videos

I was not involved in any way in the making of these videos, but I have to say they are magnificent. The Stage6 site is a DivX site and to view the videos you need to have a DivX viewer installed. It's small and quite worthwhile. DivX uses a mpeg-4 codec (the same engine driving the new BluRay and HD-DVD encoders and players) so it's well documented and free. You can download the player from the Stage6 site.

If you are a caver, you need to watch these. They are magnificent. If you are wondering what cave diving is like, this is a great introduction to what we see down there. If you like the videos, give them a thumbs up please.

(I also added two of their videos from French caves for comparison)

Paco did a great job with these videos, they aren't your typical follow the caver diver butt infront of you video we see all too often. The quality used in the videos is top notch and has more than enough resolution for high quality viewing on your TV.

Great videos and I for one am very thankfull they were allowed online without a cost!

PF;

I'll watch 'em all today. Thanks for hosting them!

Danny

I agree completely. I spent a couple of nights downloading Ginnie, Eagle's Nest, Little River, etc. off of The Deco Stop website. They are truly outstanding -- a must watch for anyone with even the remotest interest in cave diving. Perrone, thanks for posting them on your site and notifying the Scubaboard community about Paco's great work.

Doug

Thanks for posting...watching them now. They are great.

BTW, I'm not a cave diver. nor DIR...(nor a troll) just wondering if its DIR to "touch" the cave floor, walls as was done in the video...it did not look necessary as the divers had great trim etc, so was just wondering what the guidelines are on this issue.

Scubamax

Slawek is one of the absolutly best movie makers.
More of his videos you can find here:
STAJNIA KLEINA
on the left side menu click on "WYJAZDY - video"

PF - does it mean you met Robert, Slawek, Tomek and Kicik?
I told you once - world is small
:D

Mania

I have not met them. I have spoken to them over the internet. The issue I had was that when they released new video, and told the world, downloads from their webpage was painfully slow. I offered to host them elsewhere on a much faster site with similar quality.

I am now hosting all the HD videos they list on their site. And Stage6 is about 10x faster to download from.

We are hoping to actually meet in March, as I have a project I hope they will help me with.

-P

Slawek is one of the absolutly best movie makers.
More of his videos you can find here:
STAJNIA KLEINA
on the left side menu click on "WYJAZDY - video"

PF - does it mean you met Robert, Slawek, Tomek and Kicik?
I told you once - world is small
:D

Mania

Contact with the cave is generally frowned upon. However in some instances it is absolutely unavoidable.

I don't think these divers profess to be DIR. And even if they were, touching the cave is still unavoidable in certain scenarios.

-P

Thanks for posting...watching them now. They are great.

BTW, I'm not a cave diver. nor DIR...(nor a troll) just wondering if its DIR to "touch" the cave floor, walls as was done in the video...it did not look necessary as the divers had great trim etc, so was just wondering what the guidelines are on this issue.

Scubamax

Scubamax

One of the techniques to enter some of the Florida caves is pull and glide - because you are entering against the current. How do you think you can pull and glide without touching either stones on the floor or walls? Guideline is not for pulling. And the currents sometimes are very strong so yes - it's necessary.

BTW - Slawek and Robert have DIR-F. Robert was a translator of Fundamentals of DIR diving by JJ into Polish. They are IANTD instructors.

Mania

Having recently dived Ginnie Springs, not only was I not surprised by the contact with the cave, I was actually amazed at how much of the early part of the dive they were able to do by swimming! Flow in that case is very strong, and you have to be a clever cave diver to hide from it enough to be able to fin forward without draining your tank :)

I was kind of disappointed this morning, when I tried to download the videos. It didn't seem any faster than the original site. But maybe everybody was doing it at the same time . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom