made to order - basic video-housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarek

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to ask if anybody would be interested in buying a home-made basic video housing very similar to the one that "willydiver" build. No controls just turn the video camera "ON" lock it inside the housing and go diving. With today's computer video editing technology it is so easy to clean your video afterwords.
I am mechanical-engineer and i work for the company with full machine-shop
( mills,lathes,cnc-mills and more ) my company is capable to make allmost anything.
So if there is anybody that wants to have a basic housing for his camera just let me know and we can make you one. As of now I am working on 2 housings for sony Handycam DCR-PC109 one for myself and the second one for sale. "Willydiver's" camera parts total cost was allmost $300 ----------- i think the one i will make will be for sale for $400 + shipping. Soon i will post some pictures of the housing that it is made right now. Later on i am planing to add controls to the housings. Great forum ----------- keep it up !!!!!!!!

Jarek:
Just want to ask if anybody would be interested in buying a home-made basic video housing very similar to the one that "willydiver" build. No controls just turn the video camera "ON" lock it inside the housing and go diving. With today's computer video editing technology it is so easy to clean your video afterwords.
I am mechanical-engineer and i work for the company with full machine-shop
( mills,lathes,cnc-mills and more ) my company is capable to make allmost anything.
So if there is anybody that wants to have a basic housing for his camera just let me know and we can make you one. As of now I am working on 2 housings for sony Handycam DCR-PC109 one for myself and the second one for sale. "Willydiver's" camera parts total cost was allmost $300 ----------- i think the one i will make will be for sale for $400 + shipping. Soon i will post some pictures of the housing that it is made right now. Later on i am planing to add controls to the housings. Great forum ----------- keep it up !!!!!!!!
Possibly. I like the DIY method though too. Once you get it done, put up some pics.

Been using a Yellow Jacket housing for a year now. Sounds like what you are talking about and sells for under $300.
Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Hi

i just looked at the "Yellow Jacket housing" it is very similar to my project, the only difference is that i am using allmost 1/2" thick tube for the main housing and 3/4" thick lids on both ends. I think this just adds up to my cost, i will try to do one with less expensive materials next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom