Made some weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crawlin95

Registered
Reaction score
Front ones are 3.5lb and trims are 2lb each.

Couldn’t justify the cost to buy weights when i could make these for less than $10

Used #7 shot and vac-seal bags to get them to the size that they would fit snug in my BCD and trim pockets. Came out great.

Attachments

• C87875D4-B4A1-4C7B-99F0-9B16F7C8F946.jpeg
    C87875D4-B4A1-4C7B-99F0-9B16F7C8F946.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 138
Magnificent!
and if you want you can chop up a cheap sports bag for cordura and stitch some sacks
010.JPG

Magnificent!

Years ago, we took lengths of bicycle inner tubes and filled them with shot; sealed with neoprene cement; cinched at either end, sausage-style, with cable ties.

Cheap, ridiculously durable . . .

That's magnificent too and you can stitch that stuff too in the style of a croissant or a Danish puff pastry

Just to make sure they don’t bust?
yes they will get beat up on a boat and will sooner or later start spewing tiny beads of lead all over. A couple layers of duct tape will preclude that. Decent duct tape is waterproof, btw, especially in that type of application.

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna cut open an old battery and melt the lead into a sardine can.

Back
Top Bottom