Made in America, Thank you very much !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil' Irish Temper:
I think it's the (AWADS) Adverse Weather Aerial Delivery System and Air Defense System in the nose, but I just jumped from them, maybe one of the Air Force guys "knows what's in the Nose". :eyebrow:

I made a mistake. Forget I said anything about the Fulton—I was confusing the E model with the H.

The aircraft pictured is a (US) AFSOC MC-130H Combat Talon II. In the nose is an Electronics and Space Corporation AN/APQ-170 multi-mode radar, with an AN/AAQ-15 FLIR (IDS) turret below (unseen, probably crushed on the aircraft pictured).

When I was a student in Albuquerque, I used to see the occasional MC-130H at Kirtland—they wore the “lizard” scheme back then. Now I’m getting all misty-eyed about New Mexico...

mike_s:
I know it never looks good on a pilot when he damages a plane.

But how could this be considered their fault if they weren't notifified?

I don't think he was talking about the pilots, but the guys who were in charge of the airbase that didn't let anybody know, they are the ones going to get fried. Expensive mistake.

I love that first shot,

someone should add this to the military snafu's thread

I can imagine the look and pucker factor of the flight crew when they hit that pot hole :11: .

One has to think about intelligence, oh yeah I forgot that is an oxymoron at times. Hmmm think I will keep my lap belt fastened all the time from now on landings.

Gotta luv Mr. Murphy :crafty:

Man that had to be one scary ride, the belly of the plane is still in the pothole !

Whoa, that's a mess. Wonderful that there wasn't good enough communication... I can't stand that! at least there were no deaths.

Take care,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom