Macromate Mini 3.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isurus oxyrinchus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I've seen advertisements for the Macromate Mini 3.1 from Backscatter Photo. There's a kit available for the Gopro that includes red light filters for different depths along with the macro lens. My plan was to build a basic tray and add Gobe lights, their 700 wide seems like a good choice, and a Bacpac for the Gopro to keep a clear view of what's in the frame. Has anyone filmed or taken pictures with a similar set up? For me, this would be a beginner system to get comfortable with the basics of underwater photo and video.

I would get a more powerful light, I have a 1600 lumen light and thats the lowest id be wanting to go. I also have a 110 degree beam. If you can afford to get a higher powered light i recommend it. You can grow into a more powerful light compared to the 700 lumen which will become a backup light. The LCD screen i have on my Hero 3 is almost useless underwater. If you have the Hero 4 with the built in screen its slightly better.

We have the Macromate kit with filters on sale for $199.

I agree, no substitute for lights though.

1403640374000_1060337.jpg

Back
Top Bottom