macro or wide angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My trip to coz is less than 4 wks away. I've got the basic reefmaster rc with external strobe to start off with. What I'm wondering is if I buy an extra lens should I get the 3x macro or the wide angle? From what I've read here I'm leaning towards the macro since I keep reading that I need to get close and when I think its close enough I should get closer. But, thought I would ask your opinions since the pics I've seen here are nothing short of phenomenol. Thanks for the great pics which are motivation for me. I'll choose some of the best after the trip and post them. Thanks again for helping me get started in the right direction.

gt2003:
My trip to coz is less than 4 wks away. I've got the basic reefmaster rc with external strobe to start off with. What I'm wondering is if I buy an extra lens should I get the 3x macro or the wide angle? From what I've read here I'm leaning towards the macro since I keep reading that I need to get close and when I think its close enough I should get closer. But, thought I would ask your opinions since the pics I've seen here are nothing short of phenomenol. Thanks for the great pics which are motivation for me. I'll choose some of the best after the trip and post them. Thanks again for helping me get started in the right direction.

I used to own this camera. The macro lenses are quite good. The 3x I don't think they call macro but close up. Get this lens you need it to get close enough as this camera has a fixed focal length. I also owned the 8X and 16X set, I would get these also before I got the wide angle. You really can't get the strobe far enough away from the lense for anything real wide. Unless your going to want to shoot big fish or seascapes dont bother with wide angle. If I had a scanner I would show you that this camera can take some really good shots, so have fun.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Rob. I know the camera isn't extremely versatile but would like to have at least a couple of options for good pictures. Its good to hear you had the same set-up and took some good pics with it. I appreciate your input. Anyone else have thoughts or pics they've taken with this setup?

Back
Top Bottom