macro muck in dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordan23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, recommendation for us, we are experience photographers looking for best spotter guide for macro muck in dauin ?

thx

Hi, recommendation for us, we are experience photographers looking for best spotter guide for macro muck in dauin ?

thx
Sea Explorers has great guides, but in reality most dive shops have DMs who have been diving in the area for many years and will find you a great collection of cool critters. I also like the scene here in that many folks share tips where to find what, between dive shops. Right now a lot of flamboyant cuttlefish are abound.

Sea Explorers has great guides, but in reality most dive shops have DMs who have been diving in the area for many years and will find you a great collection of cool critters. I also like the scene here in that many folks share tips where to find what, between dive shops. Right now a lot of flamboyant cuttlefish are abound.
Are there independent guides where you can just hire the guide and rent tanks?

Are there independent guides where you can just hire the guide and rent tanks?
The Philippines is a poor country and salaries, and tips, of dive professionals are an important source of income. Good macro guides will see stuff most normal people would have no chance of seeing. It is also very nice getting to know your guide.

The Philippines is a poor country and salaries, and tips, of dive professionals are an important source of income. Good macro guides will see stuff most normal people would have no chance of seeing. It is also very nice getting to know your guide.
So what's your point...I said HIRE a LOCAL guide and RENTING tanks from a shop. I also plan on not sleeping in the street, not walking/swimming from island to island, nor fasting during my trip so will be dropping plenty of money into the local economy. And I've been to the Philippines at least 20 times so am very familiar with the socio-economic situation there.

You can easily spot a CHEAP C.
A local guide would need the support of local operator. And the operator would have to employ a dedicated team to run the operation. It will not survive on renting out tank!!! PERIOD.

So what's your point...I said HIRE a LOCAL guide and RENTING tanks from a shop. I also plan on not sleeping in the street, not walking/swimming from island to island, nor fasting during my trip so will be dropping plenty of money into the local economy. And I've been to the Philippines at least 20 times so am very familiar with the socio-economic situation there.
If you ask random strangers on the internet a question, you should expect a range of views, some of which you may not agree with.

Using the services of a dive shop will support the numerous staff they employ, who support numerous family members.

If you ask random strangers on the internet a question, you should expect a range of views, some of which you may not agree with.

Using the services of a dive shop will support the numerous staff they employ, who support numerous family members.
You don't think most local independent guides have families to feed...or the tank rental/filling shop doesn't have staff working for them? Not all divers need the full panoply of services of a larger dive resort, especially if they are diving for an extended period (weeks or months).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom