Machined Stainless steel Adjustment knob.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note that the G200 air barrel has a threaded end the plug goes on holding everything in place. The s-wing will make it a g200B, but you can't make it a G250 unless you change out the whole air barrel.
You don’t think we could convert the plug to a knob style? I wasn’t thinking of using a 250 knob. Seems to me the G200 barrel design we could come up with a knob with a Micro adjuster to replace the plug and have the knob O-ring on the right side of the threads.

and the G250HP (edit - thanks @couv ) and S600 adds another level of complexity...

upload_2021-7-29_13-23-13.png
upload_2021-7-29_13-22-9.png

That is sheared off.
When I bought this 109 from eBay sometime ago and removed the broken adjustment knob the demand spring fell out in two pieces. Go figure…

You don’t think we could convert the plug to a knob style? I wasn’t thinking of using a 250 knob. Seems to me the G200 barrel design we could come up with a knob with a Micro adjuster to replace the plug and have the knob O-ring on the right side of the threads.

It probably won't work, because the G200 barrel is much shorter. The cap that threads in is hollow so the spring rests against the bottom of the cap outbound of the barrel. You need a barrel that extends outside of the case, I believe. I have had several of the G200B 2nd stages, I think they are under-rated. Tuned well, they are just as good to dive with as the G250, actually a bit lighter as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom