Lynn Valley 30ft pool dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came from Lynn Valley, but didn't dive today - too much swimmers and jumpers. We've spend nice day over there... I spoke to park rangers regarding diving - they said "Yes", btw... Will go tomorrow at early morning...

The park was full of teenagers drinking beer openly - just in front of park rangers. The police has showed up very quickly and everybody regret even quicker... It was worth to come to park today, only to see how much beer was shed on stones... The smell was just awesome... :)

The pool depth... I've heard today - 15, 30 and 45-feet from rangers and jumping dudes... But the place is really worth a dive - at least one... Hike is easy. I've rented a 40 cu. ft. aluminum tank - it weights nothing comparing to doubles...

http://picasaweb.google.com/BlackCapitan/LynnValleyCanadaBC#

IMG_2562.JPG

Last edited:
Hello buddies,

I had a nice and shallow 35 min dive in the 30-ft pool in Lynn Valley. Max depth was 15 foots, almost no current and undertows - even in couple foots far from waterfall stream. Viz was good, but not excellent - probably because of rains. Water is 14.5C. Lots of small sushies (trouts?) sitting under stones, in the wall cracks and swimming around the waterfall jet. Some walls have nice textures, on water-polished walls... There are couple of small niches AKA small caves also. The pool's bottom is almost flat, made of small and big stones, dead leafs, sand, some wooden debris, etc..

Btw - no kilos of golden rings and necklaces - not even good sunglasses (but one from cheap plastic), etc... Will post some UW photos tomorrow -just wanted to warn that my small camera is c*ap, and photos aren't good...

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

Last edited:
Well now we know.
I like your surface support. I've often heard that small terriers are the best for that kind of work.
PS. Don't worry about the camera. I have to draw what I see underwater :shakehead:

Right on, good job. And that was smart just taking a little 40cft to save packing all the weight.

You had fun :)

Well now we know.
I like your surface support. I've often heard that small terriers are the best for that kind of work.
PS. Don't worry about the camera. I have to draw what I see underwater :shakehead:

Heh - this is not my dog! I even didn't see it until I've downloaded pics from camera. Actually my wife was my surface support

P.S. Hiking dogs were quite brutal that day - one small four legs b**tard (not that one on the pic) even tried to piss on my equipment! I hardly get on time to save my stuff... :)

Last edited:
Excellent! I did some breath-holding "dives" 2 yrs ago. Lots of mid-small trout.

The more I think about it the more appealing the idea. I could wear the shorty 7mm hooded vest without the longsleeved wetsuit and cut down in the carrying of equipment...:wink:

Excellent! I did some breath-holding "dives" 2 yrs ago. Lots of mid-small trout.

The more I think about it the more appealing the idea. I could wear the shorty 7mm hooded vest without the longsleeved wetsuit and cut down in the carrying of equipment...:wink:

The highdiver from the above picture, said that I can find even deeper pools after Twin Falls wooden bridge. I was there, but didn't notice any pools those looked deep and large enough... I'll try to hike there again and check it out...

Feel free to join...:D

Back
Top Bottom