Lynn Valley 30ft pool dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapitanBlack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got obsessed by an idea... did anyone dive in that crystal clear water pool in Lynn Valley? It's about 15 min far from the suspension bridge.. easy hike even with gear.. I guess a small 10-liter tank should be enough for such a short dive...
DSC00085.JPG
DSC00087.JPG

It looks like there is about 7-10m of depth only and it not very long, but I would like to go there anyway and take some uw pics from the bottom of the pool...must be marvelous in a sunny day...

People dive in Verzasca River, Switzerland - it looks similar - why not to try here?
I was there too but didn't dive because of hard rains...

Very cool idea.

I'd love to explore it as I suspect people swim there all the time and lose stuff. Since 30' is out of reach for most breath holders, there might be some interesting trinkets down there.

Post your story if you go.

I have talked to people that have snorkled it. I am not sure where they started but they were way up stream from there and came all the way down.

You will have to try jumping off the rocks with your gear on :wink:

LOL, oh man, you have me thinking about doing it now also. I only live 10 minutes from there.

Very cool idea.

I'd love to explore it as I suspect people swim there all the time and lose stuff. Since 30' is out of reach for most breath holders, there might be some interesting trinkets down there.

Post your story if you go.

Good point too! However I don't expect to find anything exceptional over there...might be a fancy teenager's swimming shorts only.... :D since plenty of them use surrounding rocks as highdiving platforms...

Sorry to rain on your parade ...

The pool is called "30 foot" but it isn't that deep. It's closer to 15.

There may be some neat pictures to be taken, but there isn't really anything down there.

If you're going to try diving it, I suggest you try swimming it first - to see if you're willing to fight the current with all your gear ... that is one of the narrow parts of the canyon - depending on the day, it can get pretty fast. Also remember that you would have to carry all your gear across the suspension bridge to teh easy walk, or take the trail on the West side, without taking the bridge, which is a more difficult route - when carrying gear anyway.

BUT, if you do try it - have fun, and take pictures! :)

Sorry to rain on your parade ...

The pool is called "30 foot" but it isn't that deep. It's closer to 15.

There may be some neat pictures to be taken, but there isn't really anything down there.

If you're going to try diving it, I suggest you try swimming it first - to see if you're willing to fight the current with all your gear ... that is one of the narrow parts of the canyon - depending on the day, it can get pretty fast. Also remember that you would have to carry all your gear across the suspension bridge to teh easy walk, or take the trail on the West side, without taking the bridge, which is a more difficult route - when carrying gear anyway.

BUT, if you do try it - have fun, and take pictures! :)
Killjoy :D

maybe you could be a safety diver to collect all the dumbass drunk cliff jumpers on this hot weekend.
Maybe you could make a video of you doing the "chute" just north of the susp bridge. It makes me cringe to watch people lining up and getting the nerve to do this stunt.

Back
Top Bottom