Luxury Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hlcdlc:
We are going on the Cuan Law in the BVI this summer, which is supposed to be one of if not the most luxurious liveaboards around.
What makes this so? I took a look at the website and it doesn't look or sound much different than other "luxury" liveaboards.

Now the Four Seasons Explorer is a true luxury liveaboard:

http://www.fourseasons.com/maldiveskh/four_seasons_explorer/index.html?PropertyID=27&promotion_url=/maldives/index.html&p_code=&tactical_tracking_id=Four+Seasons+Resorts+Maldives

$2,300 a night for the suite, but you get a bathtub!

For the OP, there's a new resort opening in Lembeh Straight, to challenge KBR, and it promises luxury:

http://www.kasawari-lembeh.com/

Check out Cobalt Coast/Dive Tech Grand Cayman

Now this thread is popping. I had no idea 4 seasons opperated a live aboard!

Chaseh:
Now this thread is popping. I had no idea 4 seasons opperated a live aboard!
If you're expanding the search outside the Caribbean and including liveaboards there's the Nautilus Explorer.

I just saw a Travel channel special on top 10 resorts Hawaii (yea I know, long way from the original starting post)...

Anyway, there is a 4 Seasons resort there with their own private dive/snorkel lagoon (the show even mentioned the 3 spotted eagle rays that you can feed).

Basically there is a 2 to 1 staff to guest ratio (yep, two staffers for every guest!) I found the website, but when I saw the prices my eye's bled.

Mossman:
What makes this so? I took a look at the website and it doesn't look or sound much different than other "luxury" liveaboards.

I couldn't say, I am only quoting literature and articles I have read. We haven't gone yet, although I have seen the Cuan Law on the water when we have been n the BVI several times.

No, I'm sure it can't compare to a Four Seasons, but I will let you know after July!

Mossman:
Huh? The thread is about luxury.
Never been on it but the "Executive Suites" looked a lot nicer than what I've seen on Nekton or Explorer Ventures. And quite a bit pricier. I've been looking at it for Socorros, it seems better than the Solmar V. Any boat that offers microbrews and single malts can't be that bad.

Know something I don't?

Some potential ideas for you:

* Caneel Bay on St. John: has an on-site dive operation and some very good sites very close-by. Caneel Bay is getting a bit dowdy in some respects, but it still remains a first rate resort. Someone mentioned Little Dix Bay, which is a "sister" resort to Caneel. They have packages where you spend a few days at each place -- a GREAT vacation.

* The Westin on St. John may not be in the same class as a Four Seasons, St. Regis, etc. -- but it is a very nice place with a good on site dive operation.

* Four Seasons: Nevis. Already mentioned here. This is a fantastic place. Certainly fulfills the "luxury" requirement.

* Four Seasons: Great Exuma. Excellent in every way.

Good luck.

Presidente Intercontinental at Cozumel is a great place. It is the best place on the island. Great private beach, great food, huge rooms, great staff... and you can use the on site Dive op (ScubaDu) or contract any other dive op to pick you up right at the private pier. It is a $5 cab ride to town. We missed going there last year due to destruction of Wilma, but we will be there next month for Spring Break... can't wait! My wife is a non-diver, and she loves the place. They have the full Spa thing going too with massage, facials etc. absolutely first class!

Back
Top Bottom