LuvDiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kburress

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
Just joined ScubaBoard and am excited to be a part of the diving team! I live in Phoenix, AZ, was out of the sport for awhile, but am getting back into it. Can't believe what I've missed. I do have a question...I bought a new mask a couple months ago, which fit perfectly at the time. Sent it in for an RX script and just started using it this past weekend. Needless to say, it leaks a little at the bottom on each side. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and knows if it can be corrected or if I have to bite the bullet and buy another one. :shakehead: Would appreciate any feedback. Thx, kb

Hi kb welcome to scubaboard. I think that you will enjoy the posts. I look at them from time to time to get the diving juices a flowing. I just moved from the Denver area and moved to Sun City West recently. Am looking for some good dive shop recommendations.

Lets see; leaky mask. Depending on how old the mask is will determine how supple the skirt will be. This will aid in how well the fit will be on your face.
Yours is only a few months old so that should not be an issue. Be careful not to overtighten the mask strap.
Also with age (unfortunately) comes those laugh lines and other wrinkles on our skin. These will let water into the mask requiring frequent mask clearing.
As you have probably guessed, being I am living in Sun City West, I am one of the many old timers. So I have many of them.
The new masks that the suppliers are putting out now claim that they seal even better than the older masks.
I know, money money money.
I hope this helps you out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom