Luna Owner Info Change Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowdog61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
GF just purchased a used Luna but was told by the LDS owner that once the owner info is entered, it cannot be changed. I had purchased a cheap IR dongle to change the settings (and download her dives) but of course that dongle couldn't communicate with the DC. (am now seeing that the number of compatible devices are just a few and of course expensive). A return trip to the LDS verified it wasn't the DC. They updated her firmware to 1.7 but was again told by the tech that owner info was a 1 and done setting and could not be changed. I'm debating dropping the $40+ on a compatible IR dongle since changing the owner info was the prime reason for purchasing it. Can anyone confirm that this setting can't be changed once entered? Hardware version is 1.1

Way cool! What OS are you running on your PC?

Pete I'm still on Win7 64. And for those that go with the IR dongle I linked, it only works on the "Slow" IRDA speed setting - tried testing with it on fast and no joy - couldn't connect.

Back
Top Bottom