Lumix TS5 vs Nikon AW110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on either of these? Currently I'm just using a Canon Elph with a waterproof case, but I'd like to purchase a fully waterproof camera, and then have a case for "deep dives".

As far as I can tell they are both pretty similar, but only the Panasonic looks like it has a waterproof case you can buy. But I'm a bit worred based on the reviews of the TS4.

Any info anyone has would be great.

Thanks

No idea on the TS5 but love love my TS3. The people I know personally who have the TS4 haven't had any problems with theirs, but I haven't used one much at all.
Diving 12ish m
APR12_210kja.jpg

snorkeling 3m
APR12_118kja.jpg

diving 10m w/flash
MAR12_198kja.jpg

Diving 10ish m w/flash
MAR12_101kja.jpg

Did you ever use an enclosure with your TS3 or was it all just by itself?

No idea on the TS5 but love love my TS3. The people I know personally who have the TS4 haven't had any problems with theirs, but I haven't used one much at all.
Diving 12ish m
APR12_210kja.jpg

snorkeling 3m
APR12_118kja.jpg

diving 10m w/flash
MAR12_198kja.jpg

Diving 10ish m w/flash
MAR12_101kja.jpg

I didn't bother with the housing. Just the camera - I was after smallest possible for my needs and didn't want extra bulk :)

---------- Post added March 25th, 2013 at 12:47 PM ----------

I didn't bother with the housing. Just the camera - I was after smallest possible for my needs and didn't want extra bulk :)

BTW I don't think the TS5 is available yet?

---------- Post added March 25th, 2013 at 12:47 PM ----------

BTW I don't think the TS5 is available yet?

Thanks, the TS5 just was released like 2 or 3 days ago, so still waiting to see some reviews on it.

I've had the AW100 (rated to 39 ft.) for a year and have taken excellent photos with it down to 50+ feet. At about 60 feet it shuts down and upon going back to about 40 feet, it works again...never had a problem with it and it takes excellent photos and video. I'm about to
get the AW110 because of the confidence I have that it should easily work to 70 feet (it's rated to 59 ft.) and that's more than enough depth for what I like to photograph on average. JMHO - Good luck with your search unless you already bought something. Both cameras are excellent choices...just depends on how deep you want to go and which operation you like the best.

Back
Top Bottom