Lumix DMC FX 500 - any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaraSteinberg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This new panasonic seems to have all the features that you guys love, RAW, white balance and in an ultracompact size. I have to say that it looks appealing but I have no idea how it will perform. ANy thoughts from those who have used it or its predecessors or who can comment on the specs? I want a compact because i travel light. Option 2 is to get the G9 which I know is a pouplar choice but it's still not pocketable.Help!

Tara,

I bought the DMW-MCFX30 for my Panasonic DMC-FX33 camera. I have yet to try them out because of something called work, but the assembly looks good together.

I bought an Ikelite mount & strobes, but after further research, I am thinking the INON mount setup would have been quite a lot better. The INON setup has mounts for wide-angle and macro lenses, and the strobes seem to be better "kitted". Ikelite's customer service so far has been a little lacking. INON has responded rapidly even though I am not a customer - yet.

I see from your profile that you dived on the GBR. I am planning a trip there in Feb 09. If you have any additional info that you could provide, please IM me.

Cheers!

JR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom