Lumix 10 performed really well need software for some touchups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest using the Panasonic software purely to convert from Raw to tiff which you then adjust in your current version of photoshop. Basically you really only need to get the tones/exposure right in the panasonic product then you can deal with the files the way you used to. You can also download a codec which will allow windows file explorer to display a preview of your image so you can cull them easily:

LUMIX RAW Codec software download | Download | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Support | Panasonic Global

There is also a program called Silkypix, which apparently is bundled with Panasonic cameras and has options to purchase a more advanced version. This is a download link: Download SILKYPIX Developer Studio 8 | SILKYPIX

If you want a good program for culling and reviewing Breezebrowser for Windows is great it shows high quality previews of all you images and is fast. You can set it to double click and launch the image into your preferred raw software.

Last edited:
Thanks @Chris Ross appreciate the info. My LX-10 didn't come with a software bundle which is what started this quest. I'm thinking that the best way in the long run is to update my desktop to 64 bit and buy the latest version of light room that did not require a subscription. I believe light room 6.0 had several updates and the LX-10 was supported as of the 6.7 revision.

It probably just came with a download link as you can find your model on the supported cameras list, so downloading it free should still be an option.

If you are looking for lightroom, finding the non subscription version is not easy, on the Aust website you have to scroll through to page 10 before you find a link to purchase lightroom 6 standalone. Or you could just order a DVD version from BHphoto.

Thanks @Chris Ross appreciate the info. My LX-10 didn't come with a software bundle which is what started this quest. I'm thinking that the best way in the long run is to update my desktop to 64 bit and buy the latest version of light room that did not require a subscription. I believe light room 6.0 had several updates and the LX-10 was supported as of the 6.7 revision.

There is a download link, but you need the serial number on the bottom of the LX10 to access it. You could also try RAWtherapee. It's not as fast as Lightroom, but it has good editing features, can read a lot of extensions and above all, it is free. RawTherapee Blog . Version 3 also works as a portable, but I don't know whether this works for the latest version.

Last edited:

This afternoon I started editing some of my RW2 files in RAWtherapee 5.4. The program had no trouble at all reading the files and editing speed was very acceptable (maybe because I have a fast computer). Some very nice editing features, not too difficult to learn. Really, ponomo1, if your pc is not too old you definitely should give this a try.

Thanks @similanaddict
I saw your post yesterday so I started watching some of the youtube videos that go over the many features of Rawtherapee and it looks really impressive. I may download it tonight and give it a try. Thanks for the tip and the follow up letting me know how your experience with it has been going so far.

Check the Adobe web site for Camera Raw updates. Camera Raw is an included application in Photoshop Elements that handles Raw format files. It appears there may be an update to the Camera Raw application for Photoshop Elements 13 which may handle RW2 files. It is certainly worth checking.

Thanks @dwimgold
I checked on the adobe website for the raw update before I posted. But it seemed like the release that I needed was not available for the elements 13 program unfortunately.
I’ve recently begun playing with rawtherapee to get a feel for it.
But I will take a look again on Adobes website to see if anything has changed for elements 13 but I doubt it since they are so focused on subscription services now.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom