Luggage weight limit: DFW to COZ via Ryan Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the checked luggage weight limit is for Ryan Air (the charter service for Adventure Tours) from Dallas to Cozumel? The Adventure Tour docs say 44 lbs but that seems aweful low compared to the major airlines' 70# international limit and 50# domestic limit. If that is the correct limit, do they really check the weight?

ScubaTexas:
Does anyone know what the checked luggage weight limit is for Ryan Air (the charter service for Adventure Tours) from Dallas to Cozumel? The Adventure Tour docs say 44 lbs but that seems aweful low compared to the major airlines' 70# international limit and 50# domestic limit. If that is the correct limit, do they really check the weight?

I was on the same flight as you but at xmas. I had the same concerns. I ask everyone and posted on this board the same question. I also ask my TA and she said that most of the time they put weight restrictions because of the people moving and traveling with everything they own. I did not have any problems they didn't even weigh any of my bags. I still carried my reg and comp/gauges on board with me. Easiest check in ever had. One of the posters on this board had just gotten back and same with her no problem. Do a search on this board using ryan air. Oh yeah no food on the flight unless you want to spend 5.00 for a snack. Get something from mickie d's :burgereat in the terminal before boarding. Wish I was going back. Have fun.

Thanks for the information and suggestions. How was Ryan Air with on time departure and arrival?

On time both going an coming back and we were under orange alert at xmas. It was the first time I had used this charter and I had no complaints. The plane was packed no empty seats. We got to the airport at 5:30am for the 8:00 am flight and there was already a line but again that was at xmas. Coming back get to the airport early in coz lines are long and check in is a bit slower.

I've flown Ryan Air twice now--Funjet charter from DFW direct to Coz with Ryan Air at Thanksgiving and last week during Carnaval. I was really worried about luggage weight restrictions back in Nov, but as it turned out, I had nothing to worry about. Both times I don't even think they weighed my luggage, which was good because with everything I took to friends on the island last week, my 2 checked bags weighed in at 110lbs! (home scale)

As for departure and arrival times, again, a pleasant surprise. Both times, we actually arrived ahead of schedule in Cozumel. Coming back to Dallas, Nov flight was on time and last week we arrived ahead of schedule. We were supposed to land at 2:35pm, but I was off the plane, through immigration and customs, and walking out the door at 2:34!

I agree with Parrothead--on the flight down to Coz, pick up something at McDonald's. The onboard "snacks" they sell for $5 are less than stellar from what I heard (I didn't buy one).

Have a great trip! :)

I flew Ryan Air in October with the same weight restrictions. My bags were overweight by 7-10 pounds each. They never said a word to me, never charged extra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom