Closed: LP72, galvanized, tapered thread $50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Norris LP72, galvanized, forged on 6/62. 1/2" NGT (tapered) neck thread. Considerable internal corrosion but nonetheless passed hydro and a separate VIP by a PSI-trained inspector. Hydro with + rating on 10/16. Healthways valve disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled with new o-rings at time of hydro. Valve has unusual SPG port as shown. New 3750 PSI one-piece burst disc assembly installed at time of hydro. Includes boot.

Good usable steel cylinder for a few dollars over the cost of a thorough hydro and VIP. I just have too many.

I ship UPS; you pay only the UPS retail rates. 32pounds, 8x8x30. Ships from 55337.

Cylinder will ship drained to 40 PSI with valve in place.

Just the one on the cylinder. I'll post a photo.

Oh ok. I already have some on the tanks. Just looking for an upgrade.

Any advice on how to clean them? My usual bottom brush doesn't fit.

@guruboy - This passed VIP without being cleaned. If I keep it I'll end up having it shot blasted -- I believe that All Safe can shot blast through a 1/2" npt opening.

I would be willing to sell just the valve if you're interested in it. Make offer

20170812_155736[1].jpg
20170812_155803[1].jpg

question on the hydro. Do you know what ree the hydro folks used to plus the tank?? Any contact info to the hydro place - my hydro guy won't plus my old tanks without ree info specific to the individual tanks - which none of the old tanks have stamped into them. I have a couple norris and several PST that I'd love to get a bit more gas into..
Thanks

It's 58.4cc.

All Safe in Wyoming, MN will + rate eligible LP72s that were manufactured by PST. I no longer use them because they have condemned perfectly good cylinders because of flaking in the galvanizing, and because of repeated problems with service. (Hydroing tanks that were just in for shot blasting, shot blasting the outside of galvanized cylinders, losing valves, etc.) That said, they will accept cylinders for hydro test (and other work) by mail or UPS.

Weber and Troseth in St. Paul, MN, will + rate eligible LP72s that were manufactured by either PST or Norris. I have only dealt with them through dive shops. It's unclear whether they accept retail customers.

Back
Top Bottom