LP & HP tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leadking - good data. Is the difference a result of alloy composition, manufacturing process, or some of both?

So I'm supposed to stop filling at 2640, correct, and if I don't like it, buy another tank? Can I get away with 3000?

yukoneer:
Since HP tanks are now readily available from most manufacturers, and affordable - why are people still buying LP tanks instead?

just curious.

Let's see, maybe because I'd have to drive 40km to get my tanks filled instead of the 3km I have to drive now. Plus the extra cost of an HP tank and the fact that I'd need to buy a new regulator or at least get the INT fitting swapped for a DIN.

BarryNL:
Let's see, maybe because I'd have to drive 40km to get my tanks filled instead of the 3km I have to drive now. Plus the extra cost of an HP tank and the fact that I'd need to buy a new regulator or at least get the INT fitting swapped for a DIN.
Your local shop only fills to 2640 psi?

Wow.

Of course I'm being sarcastic. For example, an E8-119 is the same physical size and weight as an LP95, and while a 3000psi fill is not "full," you still get 104cf... 10cf more than the LP95.

I just noticed you're in the Netherlands... in the US HP and LP mean very different things vs over there. I believe HP over there means 300 bar, and tanks that are that HP don't really exist over here.

Leadking:
The end result is from the alloy and heat treatment.

Thanks - that was what I suspected. Comparing 'apples to apples' isn't as easy as it would seem. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom