LP hose for DrySuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tau

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone attempted to attached their own LP hose. I just pickup my dry suit, without thinking about the LP hose. Is this a big deal?

Wouldnt you need one to inflate it?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking... if you have a drysuit, obviously you need to have an LP hose for it attached to your reg so that you can inflate it.

If your suit is new and did not come with an LP hose, go back to where you bought it and make sure they hand you one.

If you're asking about attaching the LP hose to your regulator, it's no big deal. Just find an empty LP port on the reg, screw it in hand tight, and give it a nice snugging-up with a wrench. Don't make it very tight, just good and snug.

I assume you mean attaching it to your first stage regulator?
No, it's no great feat to accomplish.
One simply removes a low pressure connector plug from the first stage and then attach the low pressure dry suit inflator hose. Just make sure you don't seat the hose coupling too tightly and rupture the "o" ring.

Remember to disconnect your dry suit inflator hose before you try to remove your B/C or B/P-wing. :05:

the K

Just FYI, you don't need to lubricate the O-ring at the regulator end of the hose.

jonnythan:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking... if you have a drysuit, obviously you need to have an LP hose for it attached to your reg so that you can inflate it.

If your suit is new and did not come with an LP hose, go back to where you bought it and make sure they hand you one.

If you're asking about attaching the LP hose to your regulator, it's no big deal. Just find an empty LP port on the reg, screw it in hand tight, and give it a nice snugging-up with a wrench. Don't make it very tight, just good and snug.

I should have been more clear. I have the hose. Just wondering if I should attached to regulator myself or bring it back to the store. But after reading the replies. I'll give it a shot.

Thank you everyone!

jonnythan:
Just FYI, you don't need to lubricate the O-ring at the regulator end of the hose.

Jonnythan,

One more question, why shouldn't I lub the O ring?

tau:
Jonnythan,

One more question, why shouldn't I lub the O ring?
It's not necessary for a static O-ring. Lubrication can attract some dirt and grime as well as mess with the torquing of the connector. It's not necessary so just don't bother.

jonnythan:
It's not necessary for a static O-ring. Lubrication can attract some dirt and grime as well as mess with the torquing of the connector. It's not necessary so just don't bother.

thanks for the tip

Too cool tau -- what kind did you get?

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom