Lp 95 2400 psi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mksmith713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Why a LP 95/ 2400 PSI tank vs a HP 100/ 3442?

What purpose does a 2400 PSI tanks serve?

Why a LP 95/ 2400 PSI tank vs a HP 100/ 3442?

What purpose does a 2400 PSI tanks serve?

You can get great fills at shops that don't keep a lot of pressure banked.

If you lived near me, you could get a great LP fill any day of the week, but getting your HP tank completely filled would require driving either 1/2 hour or 1 1/2 hours (depending on who had just finished pumping their banks).

Terry

My LP-95 was a 2400+ psi cylinder, and held 95 cubic feet at 2400 + 10% or 2640. A lot of divers like the way it balances out for good trim. And.... mine was bought new on sale for $195.

I like my 95's because I am sure to get a full fill , if not more.
Also , they fit me quite nice . I trim out better with them than I do my al 80's.
I have HP100's, but don't dive as them much.

Jim Breslin

All of our cylinders are LPs. My wife dives a LP95 as her single. As others have said when gas is banked is it is easier to get a full fill.

I don't have any experience with LP's but I have 4 HP tanks and I have heard that generally LP tanks will last longer. I don't know this to be a fact though. It makes since that there would be less wear and tear on the tank though.

Everyone has been right on about the fills. One other thing to consider is the weight and buoyancy characteristics. The LB 95 will be - 1 empty. A HP 100 will be -2.5. The HP 100 also weighs about 10 pounds less than the LP.

Everyone has been right on about the fills. One other thing to consider is the weight and buoyancy characteristics. The LB 95 will be - 1 empty. A HP 100 will be -2.5. The HP 100 also weighs about 10 pounds less than the LP.

Which manufacturer of tank? Not all HP 100's or LP 95's have the same characteristics.

Faber makes an HP 100 that is -7 when empty for example

I like my Faber LP95's. They trim out nice with a single and pony, but they're too heavy to double up.

Fills depend on area. Around here, you can even get 4500psi fills if your tanks are rated for it. They will not over-fill tanks, even LP ones.

Another choice to compare to the LP95 would be the FX117. Almost identical in dimensions and weight and both would hold the same amount of air at 2640psi (95 CF) but the FX117 could of course be legally filled to 117CF at it's maximum service pressure. Also, the 3442psi tanks don't have (and don't need) a plus rating, so they will never loose capacity as long as they pass hydro.

I have replaced all of my LP tanks except one vintage LP72 with high pressure tanks because they are lighter and smaller for the same volume of air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom