Lowest SAC possible ? (without being dead)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred R.:
Hey Lamont,

I might put my wife up with an al50 against your double 130's. After almost 1000 dives with me, her SAC rate is about 20% lower than mine. But seeing as how much grief I took for bragging, what will they say about that.

that might work... I can hit 0.45 on a good day, so if she's more than about 0.09 i can beat her =)

Thanks for sharing with us Fred! I look forward to reading more from you and one day making it down there!

matt_reed:
My answer is 'I haven't a clue'; but in the spirit of 'net forums i will post anyway and astound you with my ability to sound like I know what I'm talking about without actually saying anything!

You should make this your signature line. :)

I am just shocked that so many people know their SAC rate...

I don't have a clue! (Nor do i care so please don't insert "how to" here...)

And i don't think i even knew the term before i started reading SB....

yea, it is a different approach to diving. ....Not South Pacific style. Don't feel bad, I bet you know other stuff! ...and practice those back/lateral heli spins while you are at it!

I have never been all that interested in the going-so-slow-you-can-pass-for-dead either, but it is a constant pressure.

Fred R.:
Hey Lamont,

I might put my wife up with an al50 against your double 130's. After almost 1000 dives with me, her SAC rate is about 20% lower than mine. But seeing as how much grief I took for bragging, what will they say about that.

Now that's down right freaky! My best dives are around .33. It's hard for me to imagine how someone could get much lower than that without skip breathing.

Care to address that, Fred? I'm curious where you would draw the line between slow controlled breathing and skip breathing. (and secretly hoping to pick up the golden tip... :) )

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom