Low Volume Prescription Mask in Black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a mares X-Vision with drop in lenses and it works great.
Unfortunately, I do not have experience with the company: Prescription Dive Mask. However, I have first hand experience and knowledge with Mares.
Mares X-Vision Liquidskin is an incredible mask, but the low-volume twin is even better: the X-Vision Mid Liquidskin. Yes, they both are compatible with the same prescription lens set. Drawback: they do not come in a black frame.

HOWEVER, if you're looking for more than a black frame (i.e. a full black mask, frame and silicone, "James Bond" style), then the Mares X-Vision Mid Low Volume is the way to go. Personally, I dive with two masks, the X-Vision Mid is one of them. It's truly low-volume. Drawback: I do not have the compatible lens set in stock so it'll take me week to get in the lenses. I just need to know your lens diop for each eye. I'm placing a big order with Mares next week, so call me if you want me to ship you one.

Atomic Subframe is the way to go. The wide angle gives you more field of view too. I love mine.

Atomic Subframe is the way to go. The wide angle gives you more field of view too. I love mine.

i have the subframe, sent it to atomic so they could put in the prescription lenses, i love the mask, but it is VERY low volume, now that it has thicker lenses in it, my eyebrows sometimes touch the glass:dork2:

i have the subframe, sent it to atomic so they could put in the prescription lenses, i love the mask, but it is VERY low volume, now that it has thicker lenses in it, my eyebrows sometimes touch the glass:dork2:

Those must be some thick lenses :D.

or SubFrame - you can get prescription to either and if you're not sure how to go about it just let me know.
Cheers,
Darcy

Still have not decided....most likely will wait until end of this month as I have spent way too much in the last couple weeks on dive gear (over $3000) going from rec gear to tech gear is expensive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom