Low Profile Drysuit Boot Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just bought a drysuit, and I find that the DUI rockboots are too big to fit into my fin pockets. Can anyone recommend a low-profile boot that is smaller and more compact than the DUI? What about a 3 mil wetsuit boot in a size large enough to cover the neoprene socks attached to the suit?

My fins are cressi master frogs, and I really do not want to buy a separate pair of "drysuit" fins unless it is necessary.

Thanks for any assist!

keep in mind, the whole thing is related to warmth. Thick quilted socks need more room, hence even bigger boots. That equates to bigger fins. Based on where I am diving, I have 3 different sized boots (all of which are DUI Rocks), and regrettably, different fins to fit the boots best....

Nobody said DS diving was going to be inexpensive - but it is so worth it!!!!

edit: Ah, Florida - squeeze your feet into whatever works......

converse high tops.

I wear 2 sizes too big to fit thick socks under them but you could probably just go one size bigger or the same size as long as everything fits in them.

You can shave the rubber on the sides and bottom to make them fit better.

But like he said above. You'll probably need 2 sizes of fins. I have 2 different sets.

I use a hightop neoprene boot with rubberized sole one size larger than I use barefoot for drysuit diving (picked up cheap on closeout for $11 I think). True they were still a pinch in the pockets of the fins I dive wet (ScubaPro Jet Sports), so I ended up getting a fin with bigger pockets (ScubaPro Jets, XXL for a size 12 bootie). I needed the more negative fin for diving dry anyway.

Back
Top Bottom