LOW ALTITUDE Flying after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, I can't speak for the UAE. Here in good old USA, an insurance company cannot subrogate against a named insured....period.

Best,

Yea, I can't speak for the UAE. Here in good old USA, an insurance company cannot subrogate against a named insured....period.

Best,
Those cases weren’t in the UAE just as an aside.
In order not to hijack, I do have some questions for you about private aviation insurance I’ll ask in PM if that’s ok.

Those cases weren’t in the UAE just as an aside.
In order not to hijack, I do have some questions for you about private aviation insurance I’ll ask in PM if that’s ok.
Sure...glad to help.

I have flown after diving.It was a relatively shallow dive for what we normally do here in the Great Lakes. 100'. Kept it around 2500' max for an hour flight home. I am planning on flying and diving this summer up in Superior and that/those dives will be in the 200-300' range. I will wait a day after my last dive for sure.

@Duke Dive Medicine, I'm not seeing a Rev 7 of the Diving Manual. The only full document I see "US Navy Diving Manual Rev. 6 with Change A entered", and a couple of ACNs which seem to imply they are to R7, but I don't actually see R7 on the page. And, when I try to pull down R6, I get a page back each time that just says an error has occurred. I pulled down the ACNs, but they are only partial updates which look like they are designed to be printed and inserted into a hardcopy.

Would you happen to have another link to the document?

@Akimbo has a link to the newest Navy Manual I believe.

US Navy Diving Manual.

Here is the ascent to altitude table it contains--as DDM said, the pressure groups are from the Navy tables. Those can be VERY different from recreational diving tables.
US Navt ascent to altitude.gif

Here is how you can get into group G after a single dive:

Group G: 50 feet/15 meters - 48 minutes; 80 feet/24 meters - 28 minutes; 100 feet/30 meters - 21 minutes

If you fly to Saba from Ste. Maarten for diving, you will be told it is safe to fly back the same day because the planes do not go over 2,000 feet. (When I did it, I sat behind the pilot, with a perfect view of his instrument panel--we hit 2,500 feet.) we were warned not to hike up the volcano, though--2,900 feet to the top.

Ascending to altitude has really not been studied adequately. I am currently working on an article about it, and it is pretty much impossible to get an expert to contribute and opinion on some aspects of it, even behind the scenes "on background" because they do not want to be associated with anything that can be construed to be advice given without proper scientific support.

Ascending to altitude has really not been studied adequately. I am currently working on an article about it:
When I was an undergrad I was going to write my research paper on the above topic to learn more about high elevation diving. Sadly, I came across similar issues that you did, so the topic was dropped and I wrote the paper on pregnancy and diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom