Love the Jet fins, but what the Hell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Let me start by saying I love the Jet fins. I have had a time getting the right fit. My foot is size 12. When diving wet, I have to wear a very light booty to fit correctly into the XL Jet Fins. When diving dry, the attached boot is way too big for the XL and way too small for the XXL. My current solution is to shim the inside with a closed-cell rubber. This works, but it falls into the "rigging" catagory. I don't really like this hack fix. I tried Turtle fins. They seemed to fit a little better, but they feel stiffer than the Jets. I have not tried the Rocket fins yet. Any suggestions?

Anybody heard of X1/2XL? :wink:

It's a real problem. I wear size 13 and still have to wear the rock boots to make the XXL fit. I thought of cementing rubber pieces on the sides because that is where the slop is. The XXL is fine depth wise, but very wide.

same side-to-side problem with my large jets - i usually need size 6 men's shoes - the depth and height are fine, but the width feels sloppy and makes me think someone is grabbing my fin to get my attention. dunno, maybe i'll give mediums a try...

Have you tried spring straps? My Turtles seem a bit wide too, but when I switched to spring straps I stopped noticing. (I'm size 12 with rockboots)

Rick Inman:
Have you tried spring straps? My Turtles seem a bit wide too, but when I switched to spring straps I stopped noticing. (I'm size 12 with rockboots)

Yeah, I put sping straps on everything! The slop without the shims causes the fins to wobble. That kills my control, not to mention the cramps I get in my feet from trying to compensate with curl.

I am really lucky. I hear about this problem all the time from everyone.

I wear XL Jets, and I can fit into them perfectly with either my DUI turbosoles or my wetsuit booties. My foot is size 8 1/2 to 9 in a men's shoe.

Rick Inman:
i'm getting springs put on this weekend. it would have been this past, but i somehow measured wrong. so we'll see, but i'm glad that fixed your wobble.

Rick Inman:

I wear size 9 Rockboots with Turtles. The spring strap has almost no curve to it - almost a straight line across the foot pocket.

Works great for me so far. I'm looking for a pair of XL jets for my wet rig.

---
Ken

Add me to the dreaded size 12 shoe saga with Jets. With my heavy wetsuit booties they barely fit - might need new booties.

I have yet to order my drysuit but have already figured the Turtles are my only plan since I won't be going the rockboot route. The XXL Jets - as has been said - are wider than necessary but about the proper length.

RDP:
Let me start by saying I love the Jet fins. I have had a time getting the right fit. My foot is size 12. When diving wet, I have to wear a very light booty to fit correctly into the XL Jet Fins. When diving dry, the attached boot is way too big for the XL and way too small for the XXL. My current solution is to shim the inside with a closed-cell rubber. This works, but it falls into the "rigging" catagory. I don't really like this hack fix. I tried Turtle fins. They seemed to fit a little better, but they feel stiffer than the Jets. I have not tried the Rocket fins yet. Any suggestions?

Anybody heard of X1/2XL? :wink:

I haven't had your problems fortunately, but I am pretty sure you won't like the Rocket Fins. They are a poor attempt at copying Jets. I wear size 9 1/2 EEEE shoes, so the width is not a problem, but they are a little loose length wise, which I actually like. I've never had them come off, so that's good. When I finally found boots that fit (regular wet suit boots, not for a dry suit), I had to switch from Large to XL Jets. My new boots would not fit in the Large Jets.

Back
Top Bottom