Love my heated vest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually Claudia, when I read your review I did not realize your husband is selling the vest until someone pointed this out. Before that I looked at the website and was very interested in the vest myself, then I found out about the conflict of interest and some negative reviews of the product.

I read and write reviews myself on Amazon and am constantly evaluating reviews. A glowing review with a conflict of interest like yours without disclosure is not useful IMO. OK, if it was a negative review it would mean something, but when it's positive the reader has no idea how the conflict of interest has affected what you wrote. It may or may not be a valid review, we just have no way of knowing.

Suit yourself! I wrote up my personal experience of a great product that can be bought by from multiple vendors. If you like to accuse me of ulterior motives...so be it. I have no stake in this and will not post any further reviews no matter how great a product. So everybody else can go cold, dark, .....whatever. Your loss, not mine.

Suit yourself! I wrote up my personal experience of a great product that can be bought by from multiple vendors. If you like to accuse me of ulterior motives...so be it. I have no stake in this and will not post any further reviews no matter how great a product. So everybody else can go cold, dark, .....whatever. Your loss, not mine.

Claudia, perhaps a short disclaimer at the end of your review would satisfy these skeptics. I know that I have been forced to do the same on many of my posts just because of people thinking that I am being sponsored by someone or that I am offering online training advice.

BTW - I also have one of these heated vests and I love it. I have had mine for over 2 years without any sign of problem. I was skeptical of the usefulness of it until I had a borrowed one from a friend one day and my planned 5 hour dive turned into a 9 hour dive (long story). I have not doubt that this vest contributed to me staying alive and not get serious DCS out of the ordeal. When I got home I contacted Add Helium and bought my very own vest. Disclaimer - I paid full market price and am not being compensated for this post (or any other posts for that matter).

Claudia, perhaps a short disclaimer at the end of your review would satisfy these skeptics. I know that I have been forced to do the same on many of my posts just because of people thinking that I am being sponsored by someone or that I am offering online training advice.
Yup, I remember you getting a bunch of grief for wearing a matching t shirt in your review. Some people take the internet wsy too seriously. :)

Probably should have just posted the manufacturers website instead of Add Helium, then it wouldn't have even been brought up. I don't care, but apparently some people do.

Actually, the only thing that bugs me is when she posts articles for discussion, but instead of posting the article, it's clickbait to the Add Helium site. It's just annoying, makes quoting a pain, and only serves to drive traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom