Losters and Crabs Feel Pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm sold, I'm not going to kill any more lobsters....until lobster season starts up again. :reaper:

that's just because Lobster season is over tomorrow! :rofl3:

lobsters.jpg

What is wrong with you people. We need to be kinder to lobster and crab. Why, I am inviting a few dungeness over for a hot tub party tonight.

Actually pain and stress releases chemicals into the body which may flavor the meat.I prefer as painless and humane a method as possible.I find trying to stick them in the joint where the spine meets the head kills quickly.Bugs I rip in 2 at the dock after keeping them either in a livewell or on ice.

You know, it's interesting you say that they feel pain. I just finished reading a very interesting study. It concluded that, oddly enough, both lobster AND crab are quite delicious when doused with a mixture of lemon juice and melted butter. I believe we should act on these findings, rather than the lobster pain study...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom