Lost town in Dale Hollow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks: I am interested in diving the ruins of the submerged town in Lake Hollow. It seems like there is a submerged school building and possibly few other structures. Can anyone tell me how I can dive this place? Thanks.

http://www.ajlambert.com/history/hst_adhl.pdf

I live about 30 mins from the lake now I grew up just mins from the water spent my whole life there its a beautiful lake the town you are refering to is know as willow grove all that there is the foundation of the school house the old cemetery and a few more odds and ins still pretty neat last yr got to diving it heavy and found some old pieces to mule harness that they used to plow fields viz is typical in summer around 15-20 ft winter when all the drunk Yankee go home is pretty good from what I hear 60ft + never done it but fixing to get into dry diving. No dive shop within an hour is the only downfall but I do have a buddy with a compressor shore diving would be pretty hard only thing you could shore dive is the old school house but a pretty good swim it lies in about 20ft water in summer and in winter very shallow the chime stuck out of water for several yrs until they tore it down but when the water warms up and u think about diving it get up with me and wouldn't care a bit to take you out

I'm trying to organize a Midwest diving roadtrip and would like to add this town to my list. I have some questions and hope someone can help me out. Can you access it from shore? If so, how would we find it/address/coordinates for gps??? Also, are there any place nearby for air fills? How about nearby hotels?

If anyone can help me out, I'm planning to leave WI the last week of July and be down there the first week of August thereabouts. Thanks!

Folks: I am interested in diving the ruins of the submerged town in Lake Hollow. It seems like there is a submerged school building and possibly few other structures. Can anyone tell me how I can dive this place? Thanks.

http://www.ajlambert.com/history/hst_adhl.pdf

Google willow grove boat dock the school house sets about 100 -150 yards from the campground swim area marked by two white bouys that says ROCK that's really the one decent site you can shore dive willow grove has pontoon rentals and air fills but high 10 bucks a pop as far as places to stay willow grove has cabins that's about it close the only nice hotels you will find will be in Cookeville which is an hour away

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom