Lost some gear at Breakwater in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wweber332

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, ready for a laugh.
I've been diving for 8 years off and on. I just got my G/F to get her OW card. This was our first weekend after getting her card. She is good with all except putting on fins w/ beach entry. So, I "had" spring straps on my new "Blue Cressi Rodine fins" and a clip that attached them to my BC. So, in the water we go, other side of Breakwater (San Carlos Beach) we got bouyant and I was helping her get her fins on. When we finished and I reached for mine..... no fins. I guess she inadvertantly hit the clip on my BC and bye bye fins. So, there I am no fins to go search. Very surgy and lots of sand churned up. Out of water we go, I/we decide to go to Aquarius and rent fins so, not to waste good air. She waits for me as I walk over... so, instead of renting I pick up a new pair of Cressis' (Pro Light this time). We gear up again. We buddy check, a-ok. As we're walking to the water, totally, out of my fung shui comfort level, she hands me my mask, a "Blue Parkway" my first mask, actually. So, I'm holding my fins, normally clipped, and my mask in the same hand. See where I'm going here. We get her fins on again, then she asks "where's my mask" ......lol Out we go again. I have a spare mask in the car on the other side of the beach at the pier parking lot. Got the mask, this time we actually finished the dive. Got some pretty good pics, too, for the conditions.

Sorry, if I was long winded. Basically, I lost a set of fins - Blue Cressi Rodine probably clipped together and a Blue Parkway mask. Good thing the Dive shop has very reasonable prices. Overall, we had a great weekend of diving. Thanks for reading and hope you got a chuckle, I did.

Oh yeah, just to top it off I started the year off with my Public Storage getting broken into And loosing two nearly full sets of gear, I'm glad I had upgraded most of my gear before then.

Good luck on recovering your fins and mask. These things show up once in a while, so hopefully a fellow diver recovered them. Post on ba_diving (Yahoo! Group) as well, if you haven't already.

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend of diving, despite losing some gear to the sea.

Dude, losing gear sucks. King Neptune is very fond of dive gear for some reason, as he has a few of my masks, a dive knife, and almost my $700 buck camera. He was kind enough to return the camera to me the next day, if floated right up to the boat :wink:.

Good luck and hope it comes back to you.

Peace,
Greg

I'm glad to hear that you got the camera back. That is my biggest fear, losing the camera. I can't leave it hang on the lanyard, either it's in my pocket or in my hand w/lanyard clipped on, too. Hey, guys, thx for the replies and the good wishes.

Back
Top Bottom